Nursing Education cabinet
2012 Innovative Teaching Award
The Innovative Teaching Award is designed to recognize Nurse Educators in academic institutions and/or staff development/Continuing Education settings. Individuals nominated should have shown evidence of the creative presentation of concepts related to nursing practice, management, economics, legal and/or ethical issues, and/or research.
The Nurse Educator:
(1) Demonstrates creative teaching methodologies in an accredited nursing education program or in a Staff Development/Continuing Education program in Kentucky.
(2) Presents evidence of positive outcomes on learner or recipient of program.
(3) Participates as an active member of the Kentucky Nurses Association.
(4) Is endorsed by two colleagues/participants.
(1) Nursing education program directors, staff development coordinators, CE providers, KNA members, and Kentucky Association of Nursing Students (KANS) members are urged to nominate outstanding teachers.
(2) The letter of nomination should include a brief (no more than two pages) description of the creative teaching methodologies utilized by the nominee. Also, the letter should include evidence of membership and involvement in Kentucky Nurses Association activities.
(3) A current resume or curriculum vitae and two letters of recommendation should accompany the nomination.
(4) Nominations are to be submitted to the Education and Research Cabinet, PO Box 2616, Louisville, KY 40202-2616 and be postmarked no later than May 1, 2012.
(5) Members of the KNA Education & Research Cabinet will review the nominations and select an award winner.
(6) The Chair of the Nursing Education and Research Cabinet will notify nominees of the decision of the committee.
(7) A plaque will be presented to the winner of the Innovative Teaching Award at the Awards Dinner during the October 2012 KNA Convention.