KNA member benefits
Here are just a few of the reasons why membership in the Kentucky Nurses Association is one of the best professional investments that a nurse can make. Membership definitely has its privileges.
- Access to full time staff for assistance with day-to-day problems and employee issues affecting RN's
- Discounts on legal fees for services provided by an experienced nurse attorney.
- Full time lobbying representation in Washington, D.C. as well as Frankfort, to make sure nursing has a voice in legislative activities.
- Liaison representation to state agencies, health care organization and the media.
- Access to KNA's annual convention and ANA's biannual convention.
- Discounts on workshops and seminars on nursing practice, leadership, legislative activities and other important issues.
- Opportunities to participate in political and campaign activities through KYN-PAC, and KNA’s Government Affairs Cabinet.
- Networking opportunities in many areas: practice, legislation, academics, research, etc.
- Access to KNA’s Members Only section of the KNA website and all services and access contained there.
Listed below are various KNA/ANA sponsored programs, printed materials and insurance plans to keep you informed or provide you with dollar savings. Call the number listed by the services or contact KNA.
- KNA ByLaws
- KNA Gallery of Gift Ideas
- ANA Bylaws: Call 1-800-274-4ANA for more information
- ANA Free Publication Listing: Call 1-800-274-4ANA for more information
- Certification Testing: Call 1-800-274-4ANA for details (Members receive a 55% discount on certification fees)
- Legislative updates: Local and National
- Issues of the Kentucky Nurse at no cost
- Free subscription to the American Journal of Nursing
- Monthly issues of the American Nurse, at no additional charge
• Economic Programs
- NEW!! KNA Visa® Platinum Card: Earn reward points as you shop! Apply for the card today!
- Line of Credit Program: Up to 25,000 with 6 month low initial rate. Call 1-800-568-2200 for information.
• Insurance Programs
- Professional and Supplemental Liability at low group rates. Call 1-800-338-2413 for more information.
- Term Life with low cost premiums and higher benefits for KNA members call 1-800-424-9883 for more details.
- Disability Income: Call 1-800-424-9883 for information
- Discounted Long Term Care program for members and their families: Call 1-888-862-2630
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance free to members of the Kentucky Nurses Association. For information call 1-800-345-4543
Contact the KNA office for contact numbers and find out what one of the most recognized names in Insurance can do for you as a KNA member.